Sunday, June 4, 2006

Oh Wise Ones

You know how much I value your opinions and your knowledge of this great country and its culture ...

So this evening about 9pm we had another one of those mysterious visitations at our door. More gifts:

red gifts

Someone we didn't know, they had a whole lot of little red bags and seemed to be giving one to each apartment.

So is this still to do with Dragon Boat day?

Or is this something to do with the gongs and Buddhist ceremony I think I can hear somewhere in the building?

Or is it just that we are such nice people and they really really like us?

Whichever - my hamster will be pleased about the nuts, and the apple core, and even the seed of the other fruity thing. Oh, yes, and I'll let her chew through the cardboard box too.

Oh yes, I forgot. There was also a red sausage (which got missed in the photo), included doubtless for its colour rather than its shape or taste.

No comments: